Biomimetic dentistry is recognized as the art and science of repairing damaged teeth using materials that replicate the characteristics of natural teeth, encompassing strength, appearance, and functionality.
Teeth restored with biomimetic approach are less likely to need crowns, endodontic therapy, and potential extraction. Biomimetic methods, and the concepts behind them, help us to learn proper caries detection and removal, as well as more conservative restoration of tooth structure that reflects the design of the natural tooth.
In dentistry, the purpose of using biomimetic concepts and protocols is to conserve tooth structure and vitality, increase the longevity of restorative dental treatments, and eliminate future retreatment cycles.
- With applying biomimetic dentistry, we can achieve the following:
- Preserve as much of the original tooth structure as possible.
- Using biocompatible materials that closely mimic your natural tooth
- Decreased need for root canal treatments by 90-95%
- Amplify the bond strength of our restorations by an impressive 400%
- Minimizing stressed placed on the teeth
- Reduce post operative pain and sensitivity
- Restoring the natural function, biomechanics, and appearance of teeth
Biomimetic technology isn't the only new approach on the horizon for dentistry. Ozone therapy is connected closely with biomimetic treatment.
It is used to prevent and manage tooth decay through what is considered a holistic approach. it is minimally invasive procedure as well that has been to provide excellent results.